Tuesday, April 20

Crunch Time

Well, here I am. I've got about 30 hours before I have to face my macroecon final, of which I am dreadfully afraid because I don't feel as though I know very much. I actually set out to start studying early for once (throughout pre-post-secondary and pretty much up until now I could get away with cramming the night before an exam) but that didn't really work out too well. I honestly think the whole adrenaline-rushed-mom lifting a car off of her kid situation totally applies to studying as well. Normally my brain really isn't all that responsive to or absorbant of information. I mean I can handle bits of new knowledge most days, provided I've gotten enough sleep but it seems that in the final 24 hours before a test or due date my stress level hits a threshold andn my pituitary gland kicks into high gear, producing tons of adrenaline that makes my brain akin to a sponge - at that point I'm pretty much only constrained by the time I have prior to an exam or whatever.

Anyways, what I mean to say is though I started trying to study for this exam last Wednesday, I only managed to finish reading through and taking notes of the textbook today - ie. about 10 minutes ago. I get distracted incredibly easy when not confronted with immediate peril. So tomorrow hopefully the stress will fully sink in and I can zoom through all of the lyryx lab questions and end of chapter questions. If not, hopefully my prof will do another 14% scale.... one can hope, right?

Speaking of hope, the Canucks game tonight (one of my many distractions from studying) was so full of hope, then dissappointment, hope again, frustration, and finally a crushed sort of sense of optimism... that of course was crushed by the Kings fifth goal. Booo! Hopefully the Comeback Kids can live up to their name and win the series.

And hopefully I can concentrate sans procrastination tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment